Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 September 2011

Wooden What

I tested my skills a little this week and made up some wooden hinges for the chest and jewelery box .I had searched for wrought iron hinges but decided that I should try out wooden ones , as after reading one of my favourite books One Man's Wilderness Richard Proenneke. I always wanted to give wooden hinges a try after seeing the ones he made for his cabin. So here's my take on the wooden hinge, no pins yet they are just put together for the pictures:)

6 comments:

  1. Hey brian like the hinges - if you want me to turn you some pegs just tell me the size and I'll post them up to you. Might buy that book if you think its a good read. Have you read Guy Grieves Call of the Wild - thats quiet good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very kind offer, but I got what I was after. It is well worth reading ,I have call of the wild its very good too .Cheers mate

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi brian, there was a documentary film made on the life of Richard Proenneke most of it was composed of his own 8mm film. it starts with his arrival on the lake. there it shows his construction and hauling of supplies and gathering of materials. all by hand. pretty amazing. ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ken I have seen bits and pieces on youtube he looked like a remarkable guy. On his own in the place he loved working hard every day and absorbed in his surroundings. Hope all is well with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half way through the book and I can't put it down! Amazing. My brother will love this as well.
    How much are flights to Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well thats good ,glad you like it.Now there was a man that was good with wood .

    ReplyDelete