Powered By Blogger

Sunday 22 March 2015

Elbow Grease

Machined rustic is the look I'm after with this shelving unit, it's for heavy files and books.. I know I should finish the sycamore cabinet first, but hey ho!!
I'm using  4 1/2"x 3/4" machined flooring..
 I had to cut 36 rebates in total with the tenon saw then chopped them out with a sharp chisel..
And  with my uncles old rebate plane I tidied up each rebate before gluing each panel..
A panel consists of three floorboards I'm pretty happy with the housings for the shelves they all line up which will be handy.. I took the drawknife to the front edges of the sides and shelves..
The long joints of the sides got this treatment too, this will give it a little worn out aged look..
All by hand, no noisy machinery just elbow grease...;b



No comments:

Post a Comment