Powered By Blogger

Saturday 16 November 2013

One Little Apple Seed

Well all this and more came from one little apple seed that grew into a tree then died. So working between the cracks I tried to salvage as much as I could from my chunk, that a neighbour handed in. From the widest piece I managed a chopping board then a couple of nice little cups from a cup sized chunk and another scrap told me it should be a spoon. I had a couple of enjoyable afternoons hanging in the shed scooping out these little cups and whittling scrap into a spoon . And there's still a little left! What do you think ;)





8 comments:

  1. I lvoe apple wood! Nice work. I need to make some new chopping boards as ours are falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kev , hope things are good with you ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, mate!
    I like that big hook knife. Did You made it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you form these freehand. you are always improving the contours. dont see much made from apple wood. hope all is well. school holidays here soon. thanksgiving. always a time for a good meal. ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Eugen
    Sadly no I didn't make the big hook knife , I purchased it from Nic westermann , thanks for looking in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ken good to hear from you yes these are all done freehand, I hope Leah enjoys the school holidays, I wish you guys a happy thanksgiving and enjoy the good grub ! Thanks stopping by ;)

    ReplyDelete